By Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks
Learn home windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, moment Edition is an leading edge educational designed for directors. simply put aside one hour a day—lunchtime will be perfect—for a month, and you will be automating home windows projects quicker than you ever idea attainable. you will begin with the basics—what is PowerShell and what are you able to do with it. Then, you will circulate systematically in the course of the suggestions and lines you are going to use to make your activity more uncomplicated and your day shorter.
buy of the print booklet comes with a proposal of a loose PDF, ePub, and Kindle booklet from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the publication.
About the Technology
PowerShell is either a language and an administrative shell with you can keep an eye on and automate approximately each point of home windows. It accepts and executes instructions instantly, and you'll write scripts to control so much home windows servers like trade, IIS, and SharePoint.
About the Book
This publication is an educational designed for busy directors. simply put aside one hour an afternoon for a month and you can study all of the sensible strategies you want to make your activity more straightforward and your day shorter. this absolutely revised publication covers new PowerShell beneficial properties that run on home windows 7, home windows Server 2008 R2, and later. This variation is acceptable for PowerShell model three and later.
Experience with home windows management is beneficial. No programming adventure is believed.
- Learn PowerShell from the beginning—no adventure required!
- Covers PowerShell three and later operating on home windows 7, home windows Server 2008R2, and later
- Each lesson may still take you one hour or less
About the Authors
Powershell MVPs Don Jones and Jeffery Hicks deliver years as winning running shoes to this concise, easy-to-follow booklet. Don blogs at PowerShell.com and you'll locate Jeff at jdhitsolutions.com/blog.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Meet PowerShell
- Using the assistance system
- Running commands
- Working with providers
- The pipeline: connecting commands
- Adding commands
- Objects: facts by way of one other name
- The pipeline, deeper
- Formatting—and why it really is performed at the right
- Filtering and comparisons
- A sensible interlude
- Remote keep an eye on: one to at least one, and one to many
- Using home windows administration Instrumentation
- Multitasking with history jobs
- Working with many items, one at a time
- Security alert!
- Variables: a spot to shop your stuff
- Input and output
- Sessions: handheld remote control with much less work
- You name this scripting?
- Improving your parameterized script
- Advanced remoting configuration
- Using ordinary expressions to parse textual content files
- Additional random tips, methods, and techniques
- Using somebody else's script
- Never the end
- PowerShell cheat sheet